Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Who Can Apply for a Grant?

The Governing Document allows the trustees to give grants towards the education of persons under the age of 25 who are resident in the benefit area and are in financial need. This benefit area covers an area bounded by the parishes of Holy Trinity with St Columba, St John the Evangelist, and St Peter and St Paul (these are the old parish of Fareham). Note that this does not cover the Borough of Fareham which is much larger although it does include the area of the old Knowle Hospital. The parish boundaries can be accessed via the following websites:

Holy Trinity:

St John the Evangelist:

St Peter and St Paul:

The Trustees place their emphasis on assisting and supporting both individuals and educational establishments in the study of those subjects and the pursuit of those activities which, in the opinion of the Trustees, do not command adequate priority in education. The types of project that are given priority are those that enrich the quality of life and widen horizons, encourage participation and appreciation of the arts, develop good citizenship and encourage help in the community and local environment. Assistance can be given to eligible persons with fees, travel, clothing, tools, books, etc., both at school, college or later. Grants can be given to local schools in or substantially serving the benefit area for educational benefits not normally provided by the local authority.

Whole School Art Project

(Photo courtesy Ranvilles Infant School)

How Do I Apply?

The Trustees ask that applications be made as far as possible through their school or college, although individual requests are also accepted particularly from those who are in further education. Requests for major grants for educational benefits are examined by the Grants Committee on a six-monthly basis (bids to be with the Clerk by 1 March or 1 September) and payments are made after approval by the Trustees at their General Meetings generally in June and November. The Chairman and Clerk have delegated authority to deal with "hardship" grants (generally less than £350) for individuals in need of urgent financial assistance at any time, with payments usually being made through their school or college.

Completed Application Forms should be sent to the Clerk, Mr P D Reynolds, at Birchwood House, Witt Road, Winterslow, Salisbury, SP5 1PL (e-mail: [email protected])

Camera Obscura

(Photo Courtesy Wicor Primary School)